Map out higher profits and greater opportunity in designated zones.
MidAmerica’s designation as both an Enterprise Zone and a Foreign Trade Zone creates strategic savings and profitable advantages across multiple fronts, including labor, investment, and material and manufacturing costs.
Enterprise Zone: Because MidAmerica is a designated Enterprise Zone, qualified businesses choosing to claim Oklahoma’s New Jobs / Investment Tax Credits enjoy double the tax credit— 2% of the cost of depreciable property or $1,000 per employee, whichever is higher.
Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) #53, Site 2: MidAmerica’s Foreign Trade Zone designation offers industry a powerful advantage in today’s global economy, which demands the utmost cost-effectiveness in the flow of goods and materials. In part, MidAmerica’s FTZ allows your organization to:
- Reduce, defer or eliminate duties: Reduce costs of component parts, exported products and material that is scrapped, wasted or consumed in the manufacturing process.
- Eliminate value-added costs: Dutiable value on foreign merchandise removed from the FTZ can exclude zone costs associated with processing or fabrication, such as labor, overhead and profit.
- Eliminate inventory taxes: No ad valorem taxes are paid on personal property in the FTZ.
- Cut paperwork and processing fees: Zone users file only one custom entry per week rather than one custom entry per shipment.
- Eliminate duties on sales to U.S. Department of Defense and NASA
- Track inventories more accurately and enhance security: Enjoy greater efficiency as well as lower negotiated cargo costs.
MidAmerica Industrial Park has an on-site regional business jet airport with 24 hour self-service fueling stations.
Area Leaders Recognized for Workforce Development Efforts
Recently, three area leaders were recognized for their efforts and commitment to northeast Oklahoma through workforce development initiatives. Barbara Hawkins of the Pryor Area Chamber of Commerce, David…
MidAmerica Industrial Park provides $1.4 billion economic impact annually
MidAmerica Industrial Park provides a $1.4 billion economic impact annually according to a report compiled by the Tulsa Regional Chamber. Officials at MidAmerica recently completed the 2016 impact study…
MidAmerica Industrial Park announces $1.2 million STEM investment in area school districts
PRYOR — MidAmerica Industrial Park on Monday announced a $1.2 million investment in STEM labs — science, technology, engineering and math — and career centers in all five Mayes…